If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams
We all know people who inspire us with confidence and others who make us feel inadequate. An inspiring leader has many qualities that help us to achieve more than we believed possible. They say and do things that being out the best in others. Here are 3 definitions of what to inspire others can mean:
- to make someone feel that they want to do something and can do it: Her confident leadership inspired his followers.
- to make someone have a particularly strongfeeling or reaction: He inspires great loyalty among his followers.
- to give someone an idea for a design, book, film, product, etc. That piece of music was inspired by the teacher’s remark
If you want to inspire others to help your business to succeed, improve performance or simply be the very best they can, here are 10 simple ways to do that.
10 Ways to Inspire Others
- Define a LEADERSHIP STYLE that suits your personality
- Know your VALUES and share them with others
- Don’t be afraid to show your PASSION and enthusiasm in a positive way
- Create an Inspiring VISION that others can buy into
- Develop a PURPOSE that is realistic, motivational and achievable
- Show HOW to do things, don’t tell – model the way to behave
- ENCOURAGE others to achieve excellence with praise and ideas
- ASK questions and LISTEN carefully, responding appropriately
- Work on people’s WIIFM (What’s In It For Me?) factor to benefit as many as possible
- CELEBRATE success as often as possible and encourage others to do the same
I work with my clients on developing their own unique style of Inspirational Leadership. If you’d like to find out more, contact Zoe here.