‘Coaching Supervision sessions are a place for the coach to reflect on the work they are undertaking, with another more experienced coach. They have the dual purpose of supporting the continued learning and development of the coach, as well as giving a degree of protection to the person being coached’ Peter Bluckert
Coaching Supervision covers areas related to your practice as a coach and is there to assist you to become an even more effective coach. During our supervision sessions you will have an opportunity to talk about the work that you are doing with individual clients or anything relate to your coaching work.
Examples of areas Coaching Supervision could cover:
- Analysis of interactions/sessions/interventions/processes
- Difficulties/frustrations/uncertainties with client or session
- Getting ‘stuck’ or blocked during sessions
- Handling challenging situations
- Ethics and professional boundaries within coaching relationships
- Anxieties about working with a particular client
- Common themes emerging during coaching relationship (eg: support of client/timing of sessions, handling challenge)
Coaching Supervision Packages
Choose from a variety of options with rates to suit
3/6 x Coaching Supervision Sessions (1 hour) – Skype or phone
3/6 x one hour Coaching Supervision Sessions (1 hour) – in person at your venue or local office
Individual Coaching Supervision Sessions by Skype, phone or in person
Zoë Dawes has over 25 years’ experience as a coach and trainer in the private and public sector. She’s is a Qualified Coach & Supervisor: ICF Accredited Diploma in Coaching Skills diploma and Coaching Supervisor Training includes Co-active Coaching, Neuro Linguistic Programming and Transactional Analysis. with over 25 years experience in the public and private sector.