Success means different things to different people. For one person it might mean a senior position at work, a big house and three children at private school. For another, it may mean the freedom to go wherever and whenever they choose, another might see success in terms of how they help others to achieve their goals. Over the years I have worked with clients from all walks of life in a huge variety of different jobs and businesses. Very often the theme of the coaching is ‘success’ and what it means to them. Words I look out for when working with clients on what being successful looks like, are ‘ought‘ and ‘should‘. These are often good indicators that they are being driven by what others think, rather than what they themselves really want or need to do.
The definition of SUCCESS is, quite simply, ‘the accomplishment of an aim or purpose’. Check out this article on the Meaning of Success from The Life Hack to see some other ways to define it.
5 Great Tips for Personal and Professional SUCCESS
- Follow your heart, trust your intuition; whichever way you look at it, you know best.
- If you really want something and believe it’s possible – never give up. (Remember Winston Churchill’s inspiring quote shown above.)
- Remember you can say no; it’s sometimes more important than saying yes.
- Make sure you cherish your friends; they will see you through the bad times and help celebrate the good times.
- Get to know your values and stick with them; they are the compass by which you steer towards success.
Finally, the aim or purpose of your success needs to be set by you can so you can measure how successful you are in achieving it. That’s where a good coach can help, so contact The Quirky Coach to find out how I can support you to achieve success on your OWN TERMS.
Do leave a Comment with your own top tips and, if you have found this article useful, please share it.